Meet Cyn, Landscape & Garden Designer
What makes me different than other designers? My boots! These babies take me through sticky mud to heat-packed clay, over pavers and bricks and DG, and across every other possible surface. It is all the hours I put in onsite DURING installations, working side-by-side with the installers and crews, that really school me on what is possible.
When I begin a project, I don’t sit at a desk and ask clients to upload photos and take screenshots from google earth… I walk the earth of my clients’ homes with them. We talk about their goals and budget. I observe, study, listen, imagine. We talk about seasons, weather cycles, and how they will live in the space. Only once I am feeling the lay of the land do I measure, envision the grade for hardscape, put pen to paper, investigate availability of successful native plants, and begin building a design in 3D.
These trusty ol’ boots are as real-life as it gets, and I put my trust in real!
- client communication and project management
- overall design function/aesthetics
- space planning
- hardscape design + build
- paver driveways / patios / walkways / walls
- dry creeks / flagstone patios / natural paths
- pergolas and shade structures
- material selection
- HOA documentation
- beautiful California Native landscapes & gardens
- low-water irrigation systems – custom designed for your smart phone with rachio.com!
- 130+ custom design landscape projects in the Tri-Valley / Diablo Valley area, working with installers including Black Diamond Paverstone & Landscape, The Paver Company, Bay Pavers, Atlas Pavers, and Landscape Experts
- UCSD Bachelor of Arts: Major: Studio Art, Minor: Art History
- UCB-X: Interior Design Studies
- 20+ years in East Bay SF real estate (marketing, sales, property evaluation)
“We partner with clients from concept/design through to every step of installation and beyond with care and maintenance support. The creation of your custom 3D design in a collaborative process. Once the design, materials, and budget are approved by you, our team of skilled builders and landscape crews bring the design to life. We give you experienced advice and prepare you for each step in the project. Aaron, my licensed installation partner, and I are very hands-on and take joy and pride in creating beautiful landscapes that our clients love.“
– Cyn Coulouthros, Landscape & Garden Designer