We are hiring! (September 2021)
Yes Please Garden is a landscape design company seeking a Design Assistant / Project Coordinator.
- Does joining a well-organized, landscape design company appeal to you (think Marie Kondo meets Joanna Gaines in the garden)?
- Are you in tune with environmental issues and want to improve people’s connection to nature?
- Would you consider yourself a “finisher” – someone who can push a task or project across the finish line?
If yes, yes, and yes… we want to meet you!
The Project Coordinator’s primary role will be supporting the design team during the design and proposal phase of an installation. You will accompany the designer during on-site visits (meeting clients, taking notes, scoping properties, help with measuring, photographing). You’ll keep projects organized with checklists, spreadsheets, and calendars. There will be projects that require online research, phone calls, and going in person to source products. As needed, you’ll prepare presentations in Word and/or PowerPoint. Laughter and fun on the job are essential, balanced with the ability to stay on top of multiple overlapping projects that require vigilance and accuracy.
We are looking for someone excited about:
- Design (bring your interests in interior design/crafting/landscape/painting/drawing/fashion/etc)
- Photography (iPhone – for recordkeeping and for portfolio work)
- Organizing data and creating presentations & portfolios (we use Excel / PowerPoint / Word)
- Horticulture – particularly the value of bringing California Native plants to residential landscapes
- Getting your hands dirty and your feet dusty (and other effects of sunny/cloudy/windy outside activities)
If you are transferring from a different field or have taken some time out for a career break, we welcome you! If you have the interest and commitment, we will train you to use the tools. The person we want on our team is a beacon of positivity with solid follow-through, is a curious lifelong learner, and will develop a commitment to our company as best in class.
For details, download this Yes Please Garden Project Coordinator Job Description>>
To apply, call us at (925) 895-1719 and introduce yourself.
Send a simple cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please indicate your availability for interviews (sooner is better). We look forward to getting to know you.