DANVILLE: PRIVACY COURTYARD
DESIGN GOAL: create a boundary between public and private space with courtyard.
- design and build a stucco wall to complement the home’s architecture
- create design that would incorporate the paver walkway’s step structure
- plant California Natives to feed the environment and beautify entry
“Plants’ amazing capabilities…
- move water from damp dirt to tree-top
- use light to make food from air and water
- transport nutrients to where they need them
- endure extremes of heat and cold, dampness and dryness.”
— Jim Bishop
keywords: Danville, design-build, landscape, landscaping, open space, paver driveway, paver patio, paths, pathways, pebble, pathlights, boulders, California Natives, Native plants, low-water, drought-tolerant, California bentgrass, nomo lawn, Arctostaphylos, Amelanchier, Ceanothus, Cercis Occidentalis, Prunus Ilicifolia, Rhus Ovata, Quercus, Mahonia, Baccharis pilularis, gardenscape.